How much do Uber drivers make?
One question we get asked most frequently is How much do Uber drivers make or what is the salary of an Uber Driver? There is no fixed answer to this question it depends on many things including
- How many hours a day or week you put in
- What Uber driver scheme you are part of
- If surge pricing is in place
You must understand that when you driver for Uber you are your own boss using the Uber application to find work. You will receive any fare income on a weekly basis automatically deposited directing into your bank account. A new addition for many Uber driver is instant pay where Uber lets you make transfers of earning direct to you debit card.
Your income will largely be dependent on the length and type of journeys you make
Each customer is charged for each ride at the end of every tri[. The basis for fare charges is how long the trip[ took. At very busy times Uber charges surge charging. For drivers, surge means higher fares and a steady stream of ride requests.
Surge charging works on the principles of supply and demand. If the demand for Uber services in a particular area rises the price rises, As an Uber driver you can see on your Uber App which areas of a town or city have surge pricing in place. This will be highlighted by darker areas of red on you application map.
As an Uber driver you are responsible for your own costs and paying your own taxes. You are self employed and it is up to you when and how you work. Being an Uber driver can work very well as a fulltime career or even part time to fit around college or looking after kids.In fact eight percent of Uber drivers work less than 25 hours a week.
It is hard to say how much per hour you will earn as an Uber driver after 25% of the fare has been retained by Uber the typical Uber driver will earn in the region of $14 – $20 per hour, but do not forget out of this you also need to factor in cost like fuel.
So lets look at How much do Uber drivers make in 2018?
- I am an Uber driver in Boston
- Hourly fares between $20 – $24 an hour
How much does an Uber driver make on Average?
- Across the USA the Average Uber driver income is about $19 per hour worked, out of this the driver needs to pay their own direct costs
How much do Uber drivers make a week?
- The average income from fares is about $19 an hour, there is no upper or low limit to the number of hour you can work with Uber so typical divers might work between 25 – 50 hours giving week average earnings of between $475 to $950 over week.
How much do Uber drivers make a year?
- The average income from fares is about $19 an hour, there is no upper or low limit to the number of hour you can work with Uber. A typical full time Uber driver might earn $35,000 to $45,000 a year.